- 2 cups of dried red kidney beans
- I 400 gram tin of red kidney beans drained and rinsed thoroughly.
- 350 grams of andouille sausage if you can get it. I can’t so I substitute with chorizo. Dice into large, even pieces.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 cup finely diced onion.
- 3/4 cup finely diced celery.
- 3/4 cup finely diced poblano peppers. I can’t get them so I substitute with a half cup of green capsicum and quarter cup of jalapenos.
- 4 large garlic cloves finely minced.
- 2 litres homemade chicken stock or low sodium store bought.
- 1 good sized smoked ham hock.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme.
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar.
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar.
- Cayenne pepper to taste.
- Hot sauce to taste.
- Cooking salt, otherwise known as kosher salt to taste.
Author : ozelkadin.net