- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp salted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened, condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- sea salt (optional-for topping)
Step 1: Make the caramel sauce- in a small saucepan, heat sugar over medium heat. Use a heat-resistant spatula to continually stir the sugar. It will start to melt and from brown clumps. Keep stirring!
Step 2: Once the sugar is melted, add the butter. Be careful to keep stirring as the caramel will bubble up when you add the butter. Stir the butter until completely melted, 2-3 minutes.