This recipe takes s little bit of work but the work is worth the reward. These shells come out so creamy and delicious and they are definitely a dinner everyone will look forward to!
- 4 cups of cottage cheese (sometimes I use 1/2 ricotta 1/2 cottage cheese)
- 1 cup of powdered type Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons of fresh minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 box of large shells, boiled, rinsed and cooled
- 4 cups of your favorite sauce, I make my own
I prefer to use cottage cheese over ricotta because it is creamier and my shells don’t dry out.
Step 1: add a cup and a half of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish
Step 2: mix the cottage cheese with the powdered Parmesan, the 2 cups of mozzarella, the parsley and the salt and pepper. Taste it at this point to make sure it’s seasoned to your liking.
Step 3: fold in the whisked eggs and make sure it’s combined well
Step 4: use a tablespoon and fill each shell pretty full with the cheese mixture then add the shells to the pan
Step 5: top the shells with another cup or so of your sauce and sprinkle a cup of mozzarella on top. Bake this at 375° for about 45 minutes
Author : ozelkadin.net