An easy, cool salad for the Summer. This is always a family favorite in our house! I make it weekly for a perfect lunch or side dish to go with anything on the grill.
- 1 lb of bacon, cooked until crispy, drained and chopped
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 3 cups of rotini pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 to 2 cups of diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons of tomato powder (highly suggested but optional)
- 2 teaspoons of celery salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of dill (or to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups of mayo
Step 1: spread a pound of bacon on a cookie sheet, place in a cold oven and set temp to 350 degrees, after the oven reaches 350 degrees, bake for about 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy, drain the bacon on paper towel, cool and chop.
Step 2: wash and chop 2 heads of romaine. Wash and dice your tomatoes.
Step 3: boil 3 cups of rotini, drain, rinse and cool
Step 4: mix the mayo with the tomato powder, celery salt, dill and black pepper.
Step 5: toss the salad, pasta and tomatoes together, then add the dressing, refrigerate for about an hour or longer, add the chopped bacon right before serving.
Author : ozelkadin.net